Admitted MassTransfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to UMass Amherst!
We are pleased to welcome you to a community of scholars committed to inspiring freedom of thought and igniting personal change. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research, and student activities. Our graduates are responsible, globally engaged, and prepared to succeed in a highly connected and competitive world.
Intention to Enroll
If you are interested in accepting our offer of admission, please complete the following steps:
- Verify your personal information on your SPIRE admitted student's page using your NetID and password, which were emailed to you from our Information Technology (IT) office shortly after you applied.
- Pay the nonrefundable $500 enrollment fee with an electronic check or with a major credit card on the university's QuikPAY system. There is a link to the QuikPAY site on the admitted student's section of our website. You will need to enter your eight-digit SPIRE ID, which is located in the personal information section on your SPIRE admitted student's page. Please indicate your housing plans on the QuikPAY site. [Note: While there is no convenience fee for e-check payments, there is a 2.7% convenience fee for credit card payments.]
- International students should read important next steps, here.
For fall admits, the enrollment fee must be paid by June 1. You will be able to confirm receipt of your enrollment fee on your SPIRE admitted student page using your NetID and password. If you are admitted in mid-May or later, the enrollment fee must be paid within two weeks of receiving our offer of admission. If you need to know your financial aid award and have not received this information within two weeks of receiving your admission decision, contact an admission's counselor at (413) 545-0222.
Spring admits must pay the enrollment fee within two weeks of receiving our offer of admission.
If you have questions about the enrollment fee or if you are having difficult paying it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 545-0222.
Next Steps After You Enroll
- Sign up for New Student Orientation & Transitions (NSOT) session on the NSOT website. The first day of orientation is reserved for incoming MassTransfer students, which allows you to get priority course registration. At the orientation you will meet with an academic advisor who will go over your transfer credits, degree requirements, and help you register for courses.
- Send an official transcript with your final grades and graduation notation on it to Undergraduate Admissions. Without a final transcript and proof of graduation, you may not receive all of your MassTransfer benefits.
- If you plan on living on-campus, complete a transfer Housing Preference Application. For more information, visit Residential Life's website.