Official High School Transcripts
When we review your application, UMass Amherst's International Admissions Office will evaluate your academic records, which include your high school transcripts or secondary school external examinations.
- Copies of official high school transcripts must be submitted by your school counselor or teacher. We will not accept any transcripts sent by you, your family or an independent college consultant.
- All transcripts should include final marks that are equivalent to the U.S. marks from grades 9, 10, and 11.
- If you have graduated from high school, the final high school transcript with the date of graduation is required.
Secondary School External Examinations
We use “Secondary School External Examinations” as a broad term to describe an external examination that is required in your curriculum or country for promotion. The official results issued by the exanimation board in addition to the school's internal grades are required. Examples include GCSE/ IGCSE/ O-Level exam results, Indian Class X board exam results, MYP exam results, Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) exam results, or Malaysian SPM exam results.
Final Transcript or External Examination Requirements
Before enrolling at UMass Amherst, an official final high school transcript, certificate, or diploma that will progress you to a university in your home country is required. Examples are as follows.
- Final high school transcript with the date of graduation
- Final high school transcript with high school diploma
- Final French Baccalauréat
- Cambridge Pre-U exams
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Exams (CAPE)
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Levels (A-Levels)
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) exams
- Indian Class XII state board exams
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Malaysian SPM exams
- West African Senior School Certificate Exams (WASSCE)
To see examples of acceptable documents please click here.