Financial Aid Services
College Cost Transparency Initiative
The University of Massachusetts is committed to using the Principles & Standards of the College Cost Transparency Initiative in the student financial aid offer.
2023-2024 Financial Aid Awards
Please note that financial aid awards are tentative until all eligibility requirements are met and, if selected, verification has been completed.
To view the financial aid offer, log into SPIRE using the Net ID provided in your admissions letter.
In your account you can:
- View your financial aid award
- Reduce or decline Federal Work-Study and Federal Direct Loan awards
- Review your "To Do" list to check for missing documentation necessary to complete your file
- Report outside scholarships and resources
- Read the Guide to Understanding Financial Aid. This comprehensive document provides important information about your financial aid awards and your rights and responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.
Continuing students will begin to be awarded in June.
If you have questions please contact our office.
Updates & Reminders
Connect with Us
Got questions? Need to chat with a financial aid advisor? Here’s when, where and how to reach us.
Check out our video playlist for everything from one-minute videos on grants, scholarships, tuition credits, work-study programs and loans to our step-by-step guide to completing the FAFSA.