The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides emergency funds to universities, including UMass Amherst, to directly support students whose lives and educations have been disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak. The UMass CARES Act Grant has been created to disburse these funds to students. CARES Act FAQs and Reporting Requirements.
- Log into SPIRE to manage your University account which includes your bills, To Do list and Holds.
- Use our Checklist For Students.
- Learn how to view and pay your bill in QuikPAY.
- Set Up Authorized Payers if you want your parent or guardian to view or pay your bill in QuikPay.
- Learn about Veteran Educational Benefits.
Parents and Guardians
- Become an Authorized Payer to see and pay bills online in QuikPAY.
- Authorized Payer Login
- Use our Checklist for Parents.
- Ask your student to log into SPIRE to check their Holds and To Dos.
- Read Money Matters: Our financial aid, billing and payments guide.
- Understand FERPA and get a FERPA Access code.
Student records are confidential and protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Students may elect to set up a FERPA Privacy Waiver to allow parents, guardians or other third parties to obtain information about their Bursar bill, Financial Aid and Housing. We will not disclose information to anyone who has not been designated by the student in their FERPA waiver.