John Olver Design Building
Financial Aid

Agency Registration

To determine whether or not your agency qualifies for the UMass Amherst Off-Campus Federal Work-Study program, we need the following information:

  • Completed Agency Registration Form
  • Copy of your agency's Federal Internal Revenue Letter of Certificate of Nonprofit status [501(c)(3)] or a copy of your agency's Massachusetts State Tax Exempt Certificate (for Public Agencies or Schools)
  • Copy of your agency's informational materials (brochures, handbooks, etc.)
  • List of your agency's current Board of Directors

Materials may be scanned and emailed, faxed, or mailed to:

Student Employment Office
UMass Amherst
243 Whitmore Administration Building
Amherst, MA 01003-8230

Fax: (413) 545-1722

Once we receive your documentation, we will review it and be in contact to let you know the status of your application. This decision will be based on the federal regulations that govern the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program. Upon approval, we will send contracts (agreements) to be signed. Once our office receives a signed contract back from your agency, your agency will be able to post to our job board and you will be ready to begin hiring students.

Please note: Employers must be located in Massachusetts and also be a non-profit, community service organization.