Classification and Compensation
Classification and Compensation Services insures the integrity and fairness of the university's classification and compensation structure. The team is responsible for working with units to support pay equity for UMass employees. Specific responsibilities include:
- Offering guidance on writing position descriptions
- Participating in various compensation surveys
- Auditing systems for competitive and fair compensation practices
- Overseeing salary program administration
- Maintaining the university's classification structures
- Reviewing minimum qualifications before posting to attract diverse candidate and broaden the candidate pool
- Approving starting salaries for new hires
- Approving temporary pay adjustments for employees providing vacancy coverage
More detailed information can be found in the menu. Please submit your questions and requests for service from Compensation through AskHR.
View our staff in the HR Directory.