Many key life events also result in a desire to change benefits, payroll, and/or tax status. The changes you consider may differ based on what you are experiencing, for instance a change in marital status, the birth or adoption of a child, the need for medical leave.
Changes that you might consider also differ based on your employment type and on the collective bargaining unit under which your position falls.
- Birth, adoption, or placement of a child with you in foster care
- Name change
- Moving or change of address
- Need for leave of absence
- Tuition waiver (dependent attending a Massachusetts public university)
- Workplace illness or injury (workers' compensation)
- Impact of working part-time on benefits (for benefited employees)
- Leaving employment for reasons other than retirement
- Turning 65 years of age (Medicare)
- Retirement or considering retirement