- Managing Performance: Managers (Via Zoom) 4/21/21
- UMass WomenHeart Network Support Group (Via Zoom) 4/22/21
- Managing Your Performance: Staff (Via Zoom) 4/28/21
- Reduce Bias in Decision Making (Via Zoom) 4/29/21
- Managing Performance: Managers (Via Zoom) 5/5/21
- Summit Financials Reporting - May (Via Zoom) 5/6/21
- UMass WomenHeart Network Support Group (Via Zoom) 5/6/21
Interested in learning at your own pace? Workplace Learning and Development has a number of online learning opportunities for you to explore.
- Online learning custom developed for UMass employees: WLD Self-Guided Learning
- LinkedIn Learning -- Explore how UMass's partnership with LinkedIn Learning complements campus training and development opportunities.
- Create a free LinkedIn Learning account using your Net ID and password.
- Need Environmental Health and Safety Trainings? Find them on the OWL platform: OWL
News from Workplace Learning & Development
Managing Performance virtual sessions for staff and managers are now available for registration. These sessions will cover basic good practices, the essentials of a good review as well as reviewing union contract expectations and evaluation forms for managers and for staff. More information and registration, go here.
For guidance, forms, and tools for UMass Amherst Performance Management and Evaluation, go here.
Just being aware of bias is not enough to make change happen. We can’t make bias stop in the moment, but we can create decision making processes that will help prevent bias from affecting HOW we make decisions. This workshop is not an introduction to the concept of bias. Sign up if you are already familiar with the definition and types of bias; we’ll dive straight into frameworks and tools that you can apply immediately to your decision-making practices at work. Register here for one of two workshop dates.
Workplace Learning & Development’s Leadership Academy will be offering summer and fall sessions of the popular Foundations of Supervision for new managers, and a fall session of the Essentials of Management for experienced managers and supervisors at the University. More information, including application deadlines and class dates can be found on the Leadership Academy webpage.
Guidance for understanding, supporting and responding for the workplace:read more about Anti-Racism