PageUp and Recruiting Process
UMass campus applicant tracking system and search process guidance.
Log into PageUp.
UMass Amherst Human Resources utilizes the PageUp hiring system for:
- managing staff position descriptions
- submitting job posting requests
- reviewing applications
- approving offers
PageUp Access or Change in Access
- An individual's HR Director will submit the HR PageUp Access Request Form in Salesforce. Access can be requested as a mirror of previous/current employee or a list of department ID numbers will be needed.
- Upon hitting submit, the form will be sent to the Talent Acquisition Salesforce queue for processing.
- Access to PageUp and the informational guide on the website will be sent to the employee within two business days. The employee will then have the training material to learn the system and have immediate access to the departments requested.
Who Needs Access to PageUp
Any new employees with job duties that will include administratively managing full-cycle recruitment within their units.
This Access Form is NOT For
- Search Committee/Interview Panel Members
In these cases, please submit a ticket with AskHR to Talent Acquisition (PageUp Administration) and they will be added to the requisition accordingly.
We offer a weekly drop-in session for any PageUp and Intranet related questions, every Thursday at 10:00am using the following zoom link:
Staff Search Training
A monthly Staff Search Training workshop is offered by Talent Acquisition. The process of hiring staff at the university can seem complex. This workshop can simplify the experience by providing a better understanding of the steps involved. Our training refreshes employees' knowledge of hiring procedures and, by doing so, helps ensure that the university complies with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Anyone involved in staff searches at the university is encouraged to attend (including Administrative Support, Hiring Authority, and members of search committee and interview panels). Feel free to bring specific staff search questions to the workshop.
A link to the following training videos can be found here: http://videos.umass.edu/hr.
- PageUp Job Posting Training Video
- PageUp requisition Training Video
- PageUp Position Description Training Video
- Disposition Code Training
Talent Acquisition Staff
Submit requests for Talent Acquisition through AskHR.
Services offered includes:
- Direction for search committees during the search process.
- Offer guidance for developing advertising plans.
- Assist with developing or reviewing interview questions.
- Available to sit on search committees or interview panels.
- Assist in sourcing strategies for specialized or hard to fill positions.
- Conduct initial candidate review to determine who meets minimum qualifications.
- Conduct initial phone screens or reference checks.
Submit requests for Compensation through AskHR.
Services offered includes:
- Offer guidance on writing position descriptions.
- Review minimum qualifications before posting, to attract a diverse candidates and broaden the candidate pool.
- Approve starting salaries for new hires.
- Approve temporary pay adjustments for employees providing vacancy coverage.
Provost's Office - Academic Personnel
- For assistance with faculty recruitment email: academic [dot] personnel [at] umass [dot] edu.
- Visit the Provost's Office - Academic Personnel website.
- Finalize a position description in PageUp.
- Edit an existing position description.
- Create a new position description.
- Route for approval.
- Submit a requisition in PageUp.
- Complete requisition information.
- Route for approval.
- Advertise position.
- Review applications and screen candidates.
- Make an offer.
- Complete the hiring process in PageUp.
- Close the requisition.
- Next steps.
Glossary of Terms
- Administrative Support - The person who provides administrative support for the request. You can enter anyone in this field who needs access.
- Chair Communication - HR - Your search record keeper.
- Department/Team (HR Only) - The group of departments that your position and permissions are associated with for access to information.
- Equity review - This action type should be used when you are seeking an equity review on an occupied position with no updates to the description.
- Exempt - Exempt employees are "exempt" from receiving overtime pay under the law. Exempt employees are most often paid a salary rather than an hourly wage and are therefore expected to complete a set amount of work rather than a set number of hours of work.
- Hiring Manager - The hiring authority of your search. This field will default to the person entering the request and it should be overwritten with the person who will make the hiring decision.
- Interview Panel - Identified personnel who work with the appointing authority to screen, interview, and identify candidates for hire.
- New position - This action type should be used when you are posting a vacant position with no changes to the description.
- No updates to position description to post - This action type should be used when you are posting a position with no changed to the description.
- Non-Exempt - Non-exempt employees must be paid overtime wages.
- Reclassification - This action type should be used when you are seeking a reclassification (or reallocation) for an occupied position.
- Search Committee - Identified personnel who work independently from the appointing authority to screen, interview, and identify candidates for hire.
- Search committee chair - The Chair of your search.
- Update position description to post - This action type should be used when you are posting a vacant position with changes to the description - This action type should be used when you are posting a position with no changes to the description.
- Update position description no posting - This action type should be used when you are seeking to make updates to an occupied position but not seeking a reclassification.