Search Advisory Committees Appointed for New Deans of College of Humanities and Fine Arts and College of Education
Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Mike Malone has appointed search advisory committees to aid in the selection of the next deans of the College of Humanities and Fine Arts and the College of Education.
Malone has appointed Michelle Budig, senior vice provost for faculty and academic affairs, and Anna Maria Siega-Riz, dean of the School of Public Health and Health Sciences, as co-chairs of the HFA search committee, members of which include:
- Christian Appy, professor of history
- Yolanda Covington-Ward, professor and chair of the W.E.B. Du Bois Department of Afro-American Studies
- Ximena Gómez, assistant professor of American Art
- Jeffrey Kasper, assistant professor of art
- Hilary Kornblith, Distinguished Professor of History
- Sophie Kramer, graduate student
- Donna LeCourt, professor and department chair of English
- Eshwar Shanker, academic advisor, College of Humanities and Fine Arts
- Cara Takakjian, senior lecturer of Italian Studies and associate dean of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Marco Ulysse, undergraduate student
- Matthew Westgate, associate professor and director of wind studies, and department chair of music and dance
WittKieffer has been retained as consultants for the HFA search, which will appoint a permanent dean following a year of service of interim Dean Joye Bowman.
After seven years of distinguished leadership and service, Cynthia Gerstl-Pepin will step down from her role as dean of the College of Education at the end of the current academic year. Jacqueline Urla, dean of the Graduate School, and Wilmore Webley, senior vice provost for equity and inclusion, will serve as co-chairs committee to find the college’s next dean.
Members of the College of Education search advisory committee include:
- J. Camille Cammack, senior lecturer and Non-Licensure Undergraduate Programs coordinator
- Justin Coles, associate professor of social justice education
- Charles Desmond, chair, Dean’s Advocacy Board
- Sarah Fefer, professor of school psychology, associate director of the Center for Youth Engagement, and associate dean for research and faculty development
- Keisha Green, associate professor of teacher education & school improvement and co-founder of the Center of Racial Justice and Youth Engaged Research
- Michael Krezmien, professor of special education and director of the Center for Youth Engagement
- Julie Pallant, director of educational technology, College of Education
- Injila Rasul, doctoral student
- Jack Schneider, Dwight W. Allen Distinguished Professor and director of the Center for Educational Policy
- Stephen Sireci, Distinguished Professor and executive director of the Center for Educational Assessment
- Enrique Suárez, assistant professor of education
- Emmanuelle Sussman, undergraduate student
Isaacson, Miller has been retained as consultants for the College of Education search.
Both searches launched in November and finalist interviews and forums for each position will take place during the spring semester.