If your call is not answered, please leave a voicemail with your name and phone number; you will receive a call back. In an emergency, call 911.
UHS Main Number: (413) 577-5000
Same-Day and Future Appointments: (413) 577-5101
24-Hour Health Advice: (413) 577-5229
Health Insurance Questions: (413) 577-5192; email@example.com
Immunization Questions: (413) 577-5275; firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Questions: To send a secure message to your UHS provider, login to the UMass Patient Portal. Click "Messages" > "Compose New." Under "Clinic," select "UHS Medical Providers."
UMass COVID-19 Call Center: (413) 577-2999; email@example.com
Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing & Vaccine Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Questions: email@example.com | IMPORTANT: Please do not send protected health information via email. Protected health information includes demographic data, medical histories, test results, insurance information, and other information used to identify a patient. If you wish to discuss a health matter, please send us your phone number to receive a call back.
Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org | IMPORTANT: Please do not send protected health information via email. Protected health information includes demographic data, medical histories, test results, insurance information, and other information used to identify a patient. If you wish to discuss a health matter, please send us your phone number to receive a call back.
Medical Excuse Notes: umass.edu/uhs/medical-excuse-notes
University Health Services
University of Massachusetts Amherst
150 Infirmary Way, Amherst, MA 01003-9288
- Insurance & Billing
- Administration, Health Withdrawals & Medical Records
- Clinics, Specialty Care & Auxiliary Services
- Diversity Patient Advocates
Insurance & Billing:
- Patient Services/Student Health Benefit Plan: (413) 577-5192; Fax: 413-577-5023; email@example.com | Contact us to for Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) questions, enrollments or waivers, or to verify if UHS accepts your health insurance. NOTE: Email is not a secure method of communication for sensitive information.
- Patient Accounts/Billing: (413) 577-5256; Fax: 413-577-5023; firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact us with specific insurance/billing questions. NOTE: Email is not a secure method of communication for sensitive information.
- Health Withdrawals (Withdrawal from the university for medical reasons): (413) 577-5271; email@example.com; umass.edu/uhs/accesstocare/withdrawals
Medical Records and Release of Information: (413) 577-5114; Fax: 413-577-5440; umass.edu/uhs/accesstocare/releaseofinfo
- Office of the Director: (413) 577-5211; Fax: 413-577-5117
Student Immunization Program: (413) 577-5275; Fax: 413-577-3252; firstname.lastname@example.org
UHS Communications and Marketing: email@example.com
- Allergy Injection Services: (413) 577-5169
- Center for Counseling and Psychological Health: (413) 545-2337
- Eye Care Appointments: (413) 577-EYES (3937)
- Laboratory: (413) 577-5155
- Medical Reserve Corps: (413) 577-5193; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optical Services: (413) 577-5007
- Pharmacy: (413) 577-5030
- Physical Therapy: (413) 577-5158
- Public Health: (413) 577-5193; Fax: 413-577-5110
- Radiology: (413) 577-5157
- Specialty Clinics (Acupuncture, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedics): 413-577-6511
- Travel Clinic: (413) 577-5151
- Tobacco Treatment: (413) 577-5225
- Women's Health Clinic: (413) 577-6511
UHS is committed to ensuring equity in healthcare access, relations within the healthcare system, and medical treatment offered. To address concerns related to discrimination across lines of ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation, UHS has two appointed patient advocates who work with leadership and campus resources to address patient concerns.
- Patients with concerns about ethnic or racial discrimination, contact Angela Abraham, OD: 413-577-3937; email@example.com
- Patients with concerns based on gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation, contact Cindy Hildebrand, RN: 413-577-5040; firstname.lastname@example.org