Flu shots are available at UHS Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Call 413-577-5101 for an appointment.
For more information, click here.
Massachusetts law requires that college students have certain immunizations before coming to school, and submit proof of completion. Here's what you need.
How to Submit Your Immunization Records
Immunization records for all students with a spring 2021 semester entrance date must be received by the New Student Immunization Office no later than January 15, 2021. Prior to this date, please create a UMass Patient Portal account* at https://umass.medicatconnect.com and complete the following items:
- Download the Required Immunizations Form. Have your healthcare provider complete and sign it, or attach immunization documents from your provider, school or military sources in lieu of signature.
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal* and click the "Immunizations" tab.
- Manually enter your immunization information into the portal fields.
- Upload an electronic copy of your records, including the Required Immunizations form and all supporting documents.
- Complete the TB Questionnaire and review important information about meningitis vaccination.
Compliance with the immunization requirements set forth by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is mandatory. Failure to submit immunization information to our office prior to the aforementioned date may place you at risk for a hold being placed on your student account. An account hold will prevent you from registering for, adding, or dropping classes for future semesters.
*Trouble accessing the Patient Portal? Please review our FAQs.
UMass Amherst's New Student Immunization Program (NSIP) reviews students’ immunization records, contacts those with incomplete information, and helps students get missing immunizations.
If you have questions about immunizations, contact the NSIP:
Phone: 413-577-5275 • Fax: 413-577-3252 • Email: email@example.com
New Student Immunization Program
University Health Services
150 Infirmary Way, UMass Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003
If you have a Patient Portal account, and have submitted all of your immunizations to UHS, you can access your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Login to your account and click on "Immunizations."
- Scroll down to the green button that says “Print.” This will give you a view of all your immunizations with dates.
- Don't have an account? Visit the Patient Portal to create one. If you have trouble accessing the portal, review our FAQs.
Some vaccinations are required to attend college; others are recommended to help protect your health. Commonly recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Find out what other immunizations you might need with this handy checklist.
Make an appointment by calling 413-577-5101. You may also be able to be vaccinated during an appointment you've already scheduled.
If you're planning international travel, you may need additional recommended vaccinations. UHS's travel medicine clinic provides advice and vaccinations. Call 413-577-5101 at least four weeks before your trip, so you can complete necessary immunizations for your destination.