COVID-19 Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- If you need help accessing the UMass Patient Portal, please review our Patient Portal FAQs for troubleshooting tips
- If you still need support after reviewing the Patient Portal FAQs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Student Immunization Program is receiving a high volume of inquiries, and our response to your inquiry may be delayed. If you have submitted your COVID-19 vaccine records or an exemption request by 7/23, a hold will not be placed on your account, even if your records do not yet appear verified in the Patient Portal.
Massachusetts law requires that college students have certain immunizations before coming to school, and submit proof of completion.
How to Submit Your Immunization Records
Immunization records for all students with a Fall 2021 semester entrance date must be received by the Student Immunization Program no later than August 15, 2021. Prior to this date, please create a UMass Patient Portal account at https://umass.medicatconnect.com and complete the following items:
- Download the Required Immunizations Form. Have your healthcare provider complete and sign it, or attach immunization documents from your provider, school or military sources in lieu of signature.
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal and click the "Immunization" tab.
- Manually enter your immunization information into the portal fields.
- Upload an electronic copy of your records, including the Required Immunizations form and all supporting documents.
- Complete the TB Questionnaire and review important information about meningitis vaccination.
Compliance with the immunization requirements set forth by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is mandatory. Failure to submit immunization information to our office prior to the aforementioned date may place you at risk for a hold being placed on your student account. An account hold will prevent you from registering for, adding, or dropping classes for future semesters.
How to Submit Your COVID-19 Vaccination Records
For Fall 2021, UMass will require all undergraduate and graduate students who wish to live, learn or conduct research on campus or access campus resources to be fully vaccinated prior to the beginning of the fall semester. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccine requirements.
(Updated 7/15/2021) If you received your COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts, login to the UMass Patient Portal, click "Immunization," and scroll down to expand the blue "COVID-19 Vaccines" section. If you do not see your immunizations listed there as "Verified," follow the steps below to manually upload your records.
If you were vaccinated outside of Massachusetts, follow the steps below to upload your COVID-19 vaccination data as soon as you receive the first dose, then again after you receive the second dose. Do not wait to complete the series of shots to enter your COVID-19 vaccine information. (New Students: Please wait until you are assigned a UMass email address to follow the steps below.)
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal
- Click the “Immunization” tab
- Select “COVID-19 Vaccines”
- Find your vaccine type, enter the date you received your vaccine and click “Submit”
- Click the “Uploads” tab
- Under “Documents Available to be Uploaded,” select A - REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS FORM
- Upload a photo of the vaccine card that you were given by the health care provider who administered the immunization
UMass Amherst's Student Immunization Program (SIP) reviews students’ immunization records, contacts those with incomplete information, and helps students get missing immunizations.
If you have questions about immunizations, contact the SIP:
email@example.com • Fax: 413-577-3252
Student Immunization Program
University Health Services
150 Infirmary Way, UMass Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003
If you have a Patient Portal account, and have submitted all of your immunizations to UHS, you can access your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Login to your account and click on "Immunizations."
- Scroll down to the green button that says “Print.” This will give you a view of all your immunizations with dates.
- Don't have an account? Visit the Patient Portal to create one. If you have trouble accessing the portal, review our FAQs.
Some vaccinations are required to attend college; others are recommended to help protect your health. Commonly recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Find out what other immunizations you might need with this handy checklist.
Make an appointment by calling 413-577-5101. You may also be able to be vaccinated during an appointment you've already scheduled.
If you're planning international travel, you may need additional recommended vaccinations. UHS's travel medicine clinic provides advice and vaccinations. Call 413-577-5101 at least four weeks before your trip, so you can complete necessary immunizations for your destination.