Online-only students who will not access campus resources are not required to submit immunization records.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your online-only status.
Massachusetts law requires that college students have certain immunizations before coming to school, and submit proof of completion. Required immunizations include MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, and meningitis vaccine.
How to Submit Your Immunization Records
Immunization records for students entering in Spring 2024 are due on February 14, 2024. Before this date, complete the following items:
- Download the Required Immunizations Form. Have your healthcare provider complete and sign it, or obtain immunization documents from your provider, school or military sources in lieu of signature.
- Login to the UMass Patient Portal and go to Action Items > Immunization Records (syringe icon). Manually enter your immunization information into the portal fields. Click SUBMIT once.
- You will be taken to the upload page. On this page, select REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS from the drop-down menu and upload the Required Immunizations form (signed by your provider) and/or other supporting documents.
- Complete the TB Questionnaire and review important information about meningitis vaccination.
Compliance with the immunization requirements set forth by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is mandatory for UMass students of all ages. Failure to submit immunization information to our office prior to the aforementioned date will result in a hold being placed on your student account. An account hold will prevent you from registering for, adding, or dropping classes for future semesters.
- If you need help using the UMass Patient Portal, please review our Patient Portal FAQs. If you still need support after reviewing the Patient Portal FAQs, please contact email@example.com.
- The Student Immunization Program is receiving a high volume of inquiries, and our response to your inquiry may be delayed. Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-577-5275; leave a message and we will return your call.
UMass Amherst's Student Immunization Program (SIP) reviews students’ immunization records, contacts those with incomplete information, and helps students get missing immunizations.
If you have questions about immunizations, contact the SIP:
email@example.com • Fax: 413-577-3252
Student Immunization Program
University Health Services
150 Infirmary Way, UMass Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003
If you have a Patient Portal account, and have submitted all of your immunizations to UHS, you can access your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Login to your account and click on "Immunizations."
- Scroll down to the green button that says “Print.” This will give you a view of all your immunizations with dates.
- Don't have an account? Visit the Patient Portal to create one. If you have trouble accessing the portal, review our FAQs.
Some vaccinations are required to attend college; others are recommended to help protect your health. Commonly recommended immunizations include:
- Hepatitis A
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Find out what other immunizations you might need with this handy checklist.
Make an appointment by calling 413-577-5101. You may also be able to be vaccinated during an appointment you've already scheduled.
If you're planning international travel, you may need additional recommended vaccinations. UHS's travel medicine clinic provides advice and vaccinations. Call 413-577-5101 at least four weeks before your trip, so you can complete necessary immunizations for your destination.