- For up-to-date information about COVID-19, please visit umass.edu/coronavirus.
Changes to Note:
- Before coming to the building for appointments or care, please call UHS at 413-577-5000. Patients will not able to enter UHS without calling ahead first.
- UHS is open Monday-Friday, 9 am - 12 pm and 1 - 5 pm. For each department's hours, click here.
- Adult routine physicals are cancelled. Pediatric well visits for young children remain available. We will also continue to schedule routine pediatric visits at which immunizations are due.
- No travel appointments available until further notice.
- Your UHS providers are available for telemedicine appointments!
- Telemedicine is available to all UHS patients – both on-campus and off-campus.
- We encourage patients with any health concern to contact UHS to speak with a provider. Call us: 413-577-5000.
SHBP Insurance Information for Off-Campus Students
- Wellfleet (the Student Health Benefit Plan insurer) covers students both at UHS and outside of UHS.
- When you use your SHBP insurance outside of UHS, you may have a $200 deductible you have to pay out before the plan kicks in and covers your visits.
- Wellfleet will cover member costs for COVID-19 testing. All co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance will be waived. Like a preventive visit, members will have no out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing both at UHS and outside of UHS.
- Students with questions about coverage while away from UHS should call Wellfleet at 1-877-657-5027.
Off-Campus Eye Care Patients:
Please call Eye Care at 413-577-3937 to take advantage of the following services:
- Our optometrist, Dr. Gray, is available for telemedicine appointments.
- Students are still able to utilize their Wellfleet allowance towards contact lenses, with free shipping to your home address.
- We are available to help all students with ordering contact lenses (including outside prescriptions), questions about eyeglasses or any other issues you may currently have, including what we can do if your prescription is expiring.
- If you have a Patient Portal account, and have submitted all of your immunizations to UHS, you can access your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Log in to your account and click on "Immunizations."
- Don't have an account? Visit the Patient Portal to create one.
UHS Pharmacy Remains Open
- Pharmacy hours are 10am - 12 pm and 1 - 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Before coming in, please call with your inquiry: 413-577-5030. All pharmacy orders must be received by 4:00 pm.
- Need to transfer your prescriptions from UHS pharmacy to your local pharmacy? Have your local pharmacy call us: 413-577-5030.
Follow Us On Social Media!
- Get health and wellness news and updates, learn about our services and events, and stay connected with UHS on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- UHS helps you stay healthy and cares for you if you’re not. Check out what we offer, how to use UHS, and get some helpful tips and timesavers. Learn more about health with these recommended links.
Insurance Card Information
- Students who remain enrolled in the SHBP can get their insurance card by going to the Wellfleet website and choosing the "ID Cards" option from the menu at the top.
- Enter your student ID number (Example: 123456789) and your date of birth to obtain a printable version of your card.
- Please note that you must print a copy of your new card prior to medical appointments and using our pharmacy.
Our Required Forms are Now Electronic!
- Please log on to the patient portal at https://umass.medicatconnect.com
- All UHS Patients: Click on the forms tab and complete forms A, B, and C under “Required Forms.”
- UMass Students Under 18: Click on the forms tab, scroll down to required forms for students under 18, and follow the instructions.
- Pediatric patients are not eligible to use the patient portal. If you are the parent/guardian of a pediatric patient at UHS, please complete the paper forms.