University Health Services is open by appointment only, with precautions in place to protect the health of patients and staff.
Due to COVID-19, we no longer offer walk-in care. For appointments, call 413-577-5101. Symptomatic COVID-19 testing is available for the UMass community. For all other health concerns, please submit the Minute Nurse Triage Form. In an emergency, call 911.
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. by Appointment
Saturday/Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. by Appointment
Summer Hours (Effective Sunday 5/16/21):
Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Saturday and Sunday
Action Items for Using UHS
1. Make sure you are registered for the UMass Patient Portal. You will use the Patient Portal to submit important forms, schedule symptomatic COVID-19 testing at UHS, securely communicate with our staff, and more. If you have trouble registering or accessing the portal, please review our FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Opt-in to receive text messages from UHS so you can receive important communications via text, including Zoom links for your telehealth appointments.
- Login to SPIRE
- Once logged in, click Main Menu > My Personal Information > Phone Numbers
- Select Local and/or Cell Phone from the dropdown menu, make sure your cell phone number is listed correctly, and click Save
- Login to the Patient Portal. Click the Forms tab, select Texting Opt In/Opt Out, and follow instructions to opt in
Download Our Guide:
New to UMass?
UHS New Student To-Do List
UMass Students, Faculty & Staff:
If you have a new symptom of COVID-19, get tested at UHS