Welcome to UMass Amherst, and welcome to UHS, your on-campus health center.
We look forward to supporting your health and well-being at UMass.
Deadlines below are for new students entering UMass in Fall 2023.
New Student To-Do List:
- Visit the UMass Patient Portal. You will use the Patient Portal to submit immunization information and more required forms. To get started, go to https://umass.medicatconnect.com and select "I have a UMass NetID" to login with your NetID and password. If you have trouble using the portal, review our Patient Portal FAQs.
- Submit your immunization records. Visit our immunizations page to learn how to submit your immunization records. Immunization records are due September 11. However, if you will attend an on-campus Ready for the U session, your records are due no later than June 12.
- Decide if you will keep or waive the Student Health Benefit Plan by September 18. Visit studentinsurance.com/Client/941 to waive the SHBP.
- If you keep the SHBP, be sure to print a new copy of your insurance card each academic year. If you will use a family member's insurance, obtain copies of your plan ID, prescription drug and health savings account cards. Learn more about health insurance at umass.edu/uhs/insurance.
- Enter your health insurance information, and upload a photo of the front and back of your insurance card, on the UMass Patient Portal under "Insurance."
- Complete required forms on the UMass Patient Portal. Required forms include:
- Patient Financial Responsibility Form*
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices*
- Consent to Treat Minor Patients (if under 18)*
- Health Intake Form
- If you want UHS to be able to send you text message appointment reminders or discuss your health information with anyone, you must complete the Communication Permission Form on the portal.
*If you are under 18, these forms must be printed, signed by a parent/guardian, and uploaded on the portal "Upload" page. If 18+, forms can be submitted electronically on the portal "Forms" page.
Did You Know?
In addition to general medicine, routine care and primary care, UHS provides the UMass campus community with a wide variety of specialty services. We have a full-service pharmacy, laboratory, and radiology department on-site. Students can access specialty services that include eye care, acupuncture, physical therapy, a women's health clinic, transgender care, nutrition, and more. View a complete list of our services. For mental health care and counseling, visit the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health.