Flu and COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics Announced
The Public Health Promotion Center (PHPC) at UMass Amherst, in partnership with University Health Services and the Elaine Marieb College of Nursing, will conduct flu and COVID-19 vaccine clinics for the UMass campus community on Thursdays and Fridays starting this week.
Fall is here and so are respiratory illnesses. An annual influenza vaccination is recommended for everyone age 6 months and older. The PHPC walk-in clinic is offering Influenza (flu) and COVID-19 vaccines throughout the fall semester on Thursdays (mobile clinics around campus) and Fridays (located at the Campus Center, lower-level room 101). The clinics are open to active students as well as UMass faculty and staff and their household members. Pediatric clinic schedules will be posted separately on this website.
The FDA recently approved an updated COVID-19 vaccine formula in September. It is a monovalent formula based on the XBB variant. All individuals over the age of 4 years are recommended to receive one updated 2023-24 COVID-19 vaccine, provided that it has been at least two months since their most recent dose.
Please note: COVID-19 vaccines are no longer provided by the federal government for free, so your insurance will be billed. Reference the University Health Services website to verify if your insurance is accepted to avoid any billing issues. Visit vaccines.gov for information about where additional vaccination clinics are also are available, which include health care providers and pharmacies.
Clinic Schedule for the Fall
Thursdays throughout the semester starting on Sept. 28, the PHPC will be traveling around campus. Look for the Wellness on Wheels van.
- Thursday, Sept. 28: Worcester Dining Commons, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 5: Commonwealth Honors College Events Hall, noon-4 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 12: Berkshire Dining Commons, 11 a.m.-3p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 19: Recreation Center, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 26: Hampshire Dining Commons, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 2: North Residential Area D Lobby, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 9: Webster Hall Lobby, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 16: Recreation Center, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 30: Commonwealth Honors College Events Hall, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Every Friday starting on Sept. 29, clinics will be held at the PHPC in the lower level of the Campus Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.