To access the UMass Patient Portal, visit:
Single Sign On: UMass students, faculty, and staff should log in to the UMass Patient Portal using their NetID and password. When you visit the portal homepage at https://umass.medicatconnect.com, choose “I have a UMass NetID” to proceed to the NetID Single Sign On process. Users who do not have a UMass NetID (i.e., Hampshire College community) will need to create an account, or log in with their existing credentials.
- I'm having difficulty uploading documents to the Patient Portal.
- I'm having trouble entering my immunization information.
- Why can't I create an account for my minor child?
- How do I get a copy of my immunization records?
- How do I get a copy of my medical records?
- How do I schedule STI testing on the portal?
- My personal information (i.e., address, phone number) appears incorrrectly in the portal. How do I fix it?
FAQs for Patients WITHOUT a UMass NetID:
- When I try to register for the UMass Patient Portal, why does it tell me I'm not active?
- I was able to register, but I never received an email to create my password.
- I'm having problems resetting my password.
The most common reason why many people receive error messages when trying to upload documents is because of the file type they are attempting to send. The error message below indicates the file types that are acceptable to upload. Please convert your document to one of these file types:
Only images (.gif, .png, .tiff, .tif, .jpg, .jpeg) and documents (.txt, .pdf) are allowed!
- Try a different browser. Chrome seems to be the most successful.
- If you are using a cell phone, try a PC and vice versa.
- Change the file type name: Shorten the length of the document and remove any special characters (i.e.) * % &
If you are still having difficulty, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a secure message to the Student Immunization Program by logging into the portal and going to Action Items > Messages (envelope icon).
Due to HIPAA regulations and patient confidentiality policies, these accounts cannot be created at this time.
If you have submitted immunization records to UHS or received vaccines at UMass, you can access your immunization records on the Patient Portal.
- Log in to the portal and go to Action Items > Immunizations (syringe icon).
- Click the green "Print" button. This will generate a PDF of your immunization records that you can donwload and print.
You can use the Patient Portal to request that UHS send your medical records to you, another medical provider/facility/institution, or insurance company.
- Log in to the portal and go to Action Items > Forms.
- Under the Patient Forms category, click "Release of Information UHS."
- Complete and submit the form.
Allow at least 10 business days for your request to be fulfilled. There is no cost to send copies of medical records directly to a non-UHS healthcare provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, for an insurance company or for legal purposes, a fee may be charged.
You can use the portal to self-schedule an appointment with a nurse for STI testing if you have no symptoms and no known exposure to an STI positive or symptomatic partner.
To self-schedule, log in to the portal and go to UHS Nursing & Specialty Care > Appointments (calendar icon).
If you have symptoms, and/or a positive or symptomatic partner, do not use the portal to schedule testing; instead, call 413-577-5101 to schedule an appointment with a UHS provider. For an appointment in Sexual & Reproductive Health Clinic, call 413-577-6511.
7. My personal information (i.e. address, phone number) appears incorrectly in the portal. How do I fix it?
The UMass Patient Portal pulls information from SPIRE, so if your information on the portal needs to be corrected, you can update your SPIRE information by following these steps. (Non-UMass-affiliated patients who do not have SPIRE accounts must contact UHS Patient Services at 413-577-5192 to correct their information.)
- Login to spire.umass.edu
Click Profile tile, then expand the My Personal Information menu.
- To update your address, click “Addresses.” The address listed in your medical record is the one listed under “Mailing Address” in SPIRE.
- To update your phone number, click “Email & Phone.” The number designated as “Preferred” is the one that will appear in your medical record.
- To update your name, click "Names." On this page, you can add or edit your Preferred/Chosen Name, which will appear in your medical record in parentheses next to your legal name.
- Any updates you make in SPIRE may take up to 24 hours to appear in the UMass Patient Portal
FAQs for Patients WITHOUT a UMass Net ID:
In order for our portal to acknowledge your account, three entries must be made:
- Username: Choose a name you will remember
- Date of Birth: MM/DD/YYYY
- Email Address: The email address must match what we have in our database. This is the email you provided our staff with when you became a patient.
You cannot register with a different email address. If you don’t know what email address you provided when you became a patient, call (413) 577-5000 and ask, “What email address do you have in my medical record?”
If you are still having trouble, email email@example.com
Please check your spam/junk folder. The email should come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot locate the email, click the "Forgot Password" link found in the lower right corner of the Login page, and enter the email address that we have on file for you. This will force another email to be sent to you. This email will come from MedicatAutoResponse@medicat.com.
If you continue to have issues, please email email@example.com
Make sure you click "submit" rather than using the enter or return key. If you continue to have issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.