Study Abroad for Engineers
Early planning is the key to making a semester abroad happen.
Engineering undergraduate students are eligible to study abroad for a semester, summer, or winter. Take advantage of this unique and enriching opportunity!
Want to learn more? Follow these steps:
- Review the Getting Started Guide to Education Abroad page.
- Review your Engineering curriculum and speak with your Engineering faculty advisor about which courses you might be able to take abroad.
- Schedule an appointment with aekrause [at] umass [dot] edu (Ashley Krause), Education Abroad Advisor, via our online appointment booking system
- Explore the Database for International Course Equivalencies (DICE) page, which lists more than 150 Engineering, Math, and Chemistry courses that have been pre-approved as matches to UMass coursework at institutions overseas. Students can also request approval for courses that are not listed on DICE.
- Use the UMass Abroad Portal to take the program matching quiz, learn more about the program(s) and universities that interest you, and start your UMass Abroad application.