Graduate Program Application Requirements in MIE
Applies to the following graduate programs:
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Manufacturing Engineering
- PhD in Industrial Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree: Prior to their anticipated start date, applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association; or complete an international degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned. If you obtained your degree from a university outside the United States, please consult the International Applicants page for more information.
- English Proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. For more details consult the International Applicants page.
- Personal Statement: You may submit these either by entering them directly into your online application, or by uploading the PDF files and attaching them to your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required. After submission of the electronic application, we send an email to each reference with instructions on how to electronically deliver the recommendation to the Graduate School. All recommendations are nonconfidential unless the applicant waives their right of access.
- The GRE is not required as part of your application.