Welcome! The Office of Student Affairs is here to help you transition to the College of Engineering and to provide support throughout your time at UMass.

Reasons to speak with an advisor at the Office of Student Affairs include:

  • applying to Engineering as a current UMass student
  • course selection
  • help with add/drop or registration
  • checking your progress toward graduation
  • general questions about your major
  • family or medical emergencies
  • resolving an academic hold
  • concerns about your engineering experience
  • student groups that need advising
  • questions about adapting to the college or university
  • study abroad advising

Depending on your needs, you may be deferred to one of the many offices and departments providing support to UMass students.

The academic dean for Engineering and Pre-Engineering majors is located in the Office of Student Affairs in Marston Hall. Visit the department advisors page for information on who to contact with questions about registration, curriculum, and course overrides within your major.

Contact the Office of Student Affairs by email at coeadvising [at] umass [dot] edu (coeadvising[at]umass[dot]edu) or by calling the Office at 413-545-2035.