Current Guidance for Fall 2021 Events
UMass Amherst expects everyone attending an indoor event to be vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event. Attendees should bring proof of vaccination or negative test result in the event verification is requested. For University of Massachusetts Amherst students, faculty and staff, a valid UCard is sufficient.
All attendees are required to wear face coverings when indoors except when eating. While outdoors, face coverings should be worn when social distancing is not possible.
Attendees they should stay home if they are feeling ill, particularly, if they are experiencing COVID symptoms, such as:
- Temperature over 100.3F
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Congestion or runny nose
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite
Attendees should also stay home if they have:
- Been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or been placed in quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19
- Been in close contact with an individual diagnosed or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms within the past 14 days unless you have been fully vaccinated (two weeks past your final shot)
- Have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by health care provider or public health official
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
Event organizers should make hand sanitizer available at entrances and exits of indoor event venues.
Event organizers should ensure that venue permitted capacities are not exceeded.