Attend the UMass Three Minute Thesis Final
The UMass Amherst Graduate School is proud to host its sixth annual Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition on Friday, March 4, 1-2:30 p.m. in the Old Chapel.
These popular events have become a global phenomenon and offer graduate students the opportunity to communicate the significance of their research to a general audience, all in three minutes or less. Our campus 3MT Final will feature engaging presentations from UMass graduate students who advanced from the preliminary rounds; the winner of the Final will receive $1,000, with the runner-up and People’s Choice winner each receiving $500. Attendees will vote for their favorite speaker and winners will be announced live during a reception following the student speakers. This event will also showcase finalists from the Images of Research contest. UMass community members and those from the broader Amherst community are welcome.
2022 3MT finalists include:
- Grace Casselberry, marine science
- Yasra Chandio, electrical and computer engineering
- Seanne Clemente, organismic and evolutionary biology
- Tiarra Cooper, German and Scandinavian studies
- Jarrel De Matas, English
- Chinedum Eluwa, civil and environmental engineering
- Jessa Makabenta, chemistry
- Deeksha Mohan, veterinary and animal sciences
- Prerana Rathore, chemical engineering
- Jun Wang, marketing