2020-21 Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award Recipients Announced
Ten student employees have been recognized for their outstanding contributions to the university. A virtual award celebration honoring the winners was held on the evening of Tuesday, May 4.
The Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award was instituted in the 1987-88 academic year. The intent of the award is to recognize and honor students who have demonstrated outstanding performance by contributing their time and/or skill to help the university achieve its goals and objectives. This year, the Scanlon Award Committee received more than 65 nomination entries.
The 2020-21 Gerald F. Scanlon Student Employee of the Year Award Recipients are:
- Emily Chalfin, UWW Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jason Chen, University of Massachusetts Press
- William Farland, Isenberg School of Management, Technology Support & Service
- Paul Hirsh, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Nicholas Jones, Residence Education
- Sean Powell,College of Education, Center for Youth Engagement
- Gabriella Reynolds, Office of Faculty Development
- Ali Saif, DEFA Film Library, German
- Ayan Sengupta,Administration & Finance Information Technology, Public Health Promotion Center
- Zac Steigmeyer, Athletics, Men’s Ice Hockey
To view the virtual award celebration, please click on this link to the webpage: 2021 Scanlon Awards | Undergraduate Admissions | UMass Amherst
The Scanlon Award Committee would like to congratulate the student employees and thank the supervisors who nominated their student employees, and to all those who helped support this event.