Edible Book Festival
April 5, 2018
12:00 pm-4:00 pm
Library, W.E.B. Du Bois
UMass Amherst Campus
The UMass Amherst Libraries invite you to join us in celebrating this year's Edible Book Festival on April 5, 2018. This festival has been celebrated internationally on or around April 1 since 2000 in commemoration of the birthday of gastronome and author Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin. All members of the UMass Amherst community are invited to submit edible book-inspired creations which will then be displayed, judged, and eaten!
- Each entry should depict a literary work (fiction or nonfiction) or a literary character. Puns on titles are especially encouraged!
- Entries should not require refrigeration.
- Entries must be mostly edible (occasional non-edible props permitted).
- Entries should be no larger than 12"x 16".
- By entering the competition, you are granting permission for UMass Libraries to photograph your entry with the possibility of including it on our website, in our newsletter, or in ScholarWorks.
Prizes will be given for Best in Show, Most Creative, and Best Pun