Guest Info for Senior Celebration
- There is no limit to the number of guests each student can bring. Tickets are not required and seating is unreserved. The celebration will be live-streamed and recorded for viewing after the event.
- Park once and take the bus or walk to your destinations. Plan at least an hour of travel time once you arrive in the Amherst area. Police officers will direct traffic and parking. Click here to see details on the parking and traffic plans for Friday, May 26th. There will be road closures, so be sure to review this website. Parking will be directed by the UMass Police Department based closest available parking lots. Shuttle buses will operate from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- What about accessible parking? Disability Services will arrange for anyone with mobility issues to receive a parking pass for Lot 11, the accessible lot closest to the stadium. There will be golf carts available in Lot 11 to bring guests from their cars to the gates of McGuirk Stadium. Complete this online form umass.edu/commencement/form/accessible-parking or contact Disability Services via phone at 413-545-0892.
- Cameras are welcome. Please be courteous to each other and refrain from blocking the aisles. A professional photographer will take photos of graduates walking across the stage..
- Please dress comfortably. The Mullins is air-conditioned; however, it does get warm. Students must arrive in their caps and gowns. Shoes should be appropriate for walking, standing, and climbing stairs. Please note the post-event outdoor reception in the quad will be in a grassy area, rain or shine.
- There will be food available. The Mullins concessions will be open for a window of time before the start of our event. There will be boxed sandwich lunches with water (GF and vegetarian options available). The timing is tight between the main ceremony and the start of our senior celebration, you will not have time to visit a dining hall.
- There is no bad view, or perfect seat. Graduating seniors will enter the floor from the back of the room and be seated in reserved areas on the floor. Each entering department will carry a banner during the processional. You will be able to see your graduate cross the stage on the ”jumbotron” screen.
- Reserved seating for guests with limited mobility will be available; arrive early to secure. Elevator access is available. Please note that guests needing wheelchairs must make arrangements to bring their own; wheelchairs are not provided. There are a limited number of parking spots outside of the Mullins Center reserved for patrons with disabilities.
- For guests that require the services of an interpreter, please contact Disability Services. The celebration will be shown on large screens in the event venue and live captioned. Sign language or oral interpreters are available upon request.
- If you have any questions about the college's celebration, please email coeadvising [at] umass [dot] edu.