Each degree program sets its own requirements; refer to your program’s website to access the most up-to-date version of its student handbook and degree tracking forms. Remember, you are held to the requirements that were in place at the time you enrolled in the program, so pay attention to the enrollment dates specified on the degree tracking forms. Use links below to navigate to your program’s degree requirements.
- Communication Disorders
- Community Health Education
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Policy and Management
- Public Health Practice (online MPH)
Additionally, the UMass Graduate School sets policies that apply to all graduate students enrolled at UMass Amherst. You should familiarize yourself with their policies as well. To learn about the UMass Graduate School’s specific degree requirements, submission deadlines, and submission processes for master’s and doctoral students, start here with the Graduate School’s student handbook.
Below, we include links to information that SPHHS students most frequently ask about: credit transfers, graduation requirements, and formatting of the thesis/dissertation document.
To transfer graduate credits from a non-degree program or undergraduate program at UMass, or from another institution, use one of the following forms:
- Transfer of Credits, Accelerated Masters
- Transfer of Credits, External
- Transfer of Credits, Non-degree
- Transfer of Credits, Undergraduate to Graduate
Graduation Forms and Degree Milestones
- Masters Degree Checklist of Requirements to Graduate
- Masters Degree Eligibility Form for Non-Thesis Students
- Masters Degree Eligibility Form for Thesis Students
- Doctoral Candidacy Nomination Form
- Doctoral Degree Checklist of Requirements to Graduate
- Doctoral Degree Eligibility Form for PhD and EdD degrees
- Doctoral Oral Examination Scheduling Request
For a more comprehensive list of graduate forms, check out the Graduate School Website.
Guidelines for Master’s Theses and Doctoral Dissertations
Check out the Graduate School’s guidelines for master’s theses and doctoral dissertations on its website.