Resources and Services @UMass Amherst Libraries
- Ellen Lutz, Health Sciences Librarian, lutz [at] umass [dot] edu: Schedule an Appointment
- There are two Libraries on campus: W.E.B. Du Bois Library and the Science & Engineering Library (in the Lederle Lowrise — this is where Lutz’s office is)
- Check the Libraries website for current hours
- Graduate Commons: Du Bois Library, 5th floor
Articles, Books, Streaming Media, and Other Resources
- Subscriptions to over 500 databases, including Web of Science, PsycInfo, SportDiscus, and integration with PubMed for easier access to full text.
- Robust Interlibrary Loan service for materials we don’t have access to: NEVER pay for articles — if we don’t have it, we can almost always get it!
- eJournals/Publication Finder: Use it to look up the title of a journal to see if we have online access to it.
- Use the Discovery Search (default on the Libraries webpage) to search for books, e-books, streaming media, newspapers, and some articles.
NOTE: Doesn’t search all databases — for example, PubMed not included
- Citation Managers: We currently offer support for Zotero and Mendeley.
- ScholarWorks @UMassAmherst: Our institutional repository — where UMass Amherst dissertations, theses, and capstone projects are stored.
- Research Data Services: If you are collecting data for your research, you should check this out!
- Digital Scholarship Services: Mapping and GIS, project planning, digital media, digital collections, scholarly publishing, and more
- Patent & Trademark Resource Center: UMass Amherst & Boston Public Library have the only PTRC’s in Massachusetts
- Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA)