MPH in Community Health Education
Address community health inequities with a public health education master’s program.
Expand your knowledge base in public health, sharpen your professional skills, deepen your knowledge of community health issues, and prepare to assume a greater professional responsibility with UMass Amherst’s MPH in community health education.
Designed for experienced public health professionals, the 42-credit program combines a foundation in public health theory and practice with a focus on addressing community health inequities. Its unique curriculum features a practicum that allows students to apply public health knowledge and skills in a real-world setting, working with a community or public sector organization to assess public health needs.
MPH Community Health Education course requirements:
- Five public health core courses (15 credits)
- Five community health education core courses (15 credits)
- Two electives of your choice (6 credits)
- Community applied practice experience (3 credits)
- Integrative learning experience (3 credits)