MS in Health Policy and Management
Become a strong researcher and leader with a master's degree in health policy and management.
Strengthen your research, technical, and organizational skills. Gain expertise in planning and evaluation. Learn how to be a capable administrator and an advocate for social change in the health care system with UMass Amherst’s MS in health policy and management.
Our two-year, 48-credit program provides a strong foundation for health services research and an excellent path for career growth in the private or public sector. The curriculum features a balanced mix of courses providing a solid background in health care issues, policy, skills, and experience.
MS Health Policy and Management course requirements:
- Five public health core courses, including Introductory Biostatistics (13 credits)
- Two health policy and management core courses, including Health Care Organization and Administration (6 credits)
- Four courses in research fundamentals (12 credits)
- Three concentration courses in health policy and management (9 credits)
- Master’s thesis (8 credits)