- Our technical staff is certified to repair and consult on most software and hardware products, including popular computer brands
- We support essential campus services such as Email, Network Connectivity, and more...
- Use your IT Account NetID and password to log in to IT services
- Support for classroom technologies, multimedia equipment loan, and training
- Faculty and staff can borrow laptops for short-term travel through our Travel Laptop Program
- Competitive discounts on computers and peripherals are available through the U$ave program
Technology Consulting & Support Services
UMass Amherst IT User Services staff provides computer maintenance and repair as well as support and consultation for supported applications and operating systems. We also provide security check-ups, data destruction services, audio-visual training and support, pre-purchase consultations, and enterprise services to members of the UMass Amherst campus community. Enterprise Desktop Support services are available on a contracted basis.
Our recommendations and minimum system requirements are meant to give students general guidelines on the computer configurations that work best in the UMass Amherst computing environment.
U$ave Computer Discount Program
The U$ave program offers competitive discounts on desktops, laptops, tablets, and peripherals from popular manufacturers.
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Students (Windows)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Students (Macintosh)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Faculty & Staff (Windows)
- Recommended & Minimum Computer Configurations for Faculty & Staff (Macintosh)
- Travel Laptop Program
- Multimedia Equipment Loan & Support
- Hard Drive & Magnetic Tape Destruction
- Account Management
- Enterprise Desktop Support