SBS Pathways helps students navigate the college experience and beyond.
The SBS Pathways Center, SBS' advising office, is here to guide you to success throughout your time at UMass Amherst and beyond. Pathways advisors and programs are crafted to help you explore your academic interests, create a curriculum that works for you, articulate and achieve your goals, become an engaged member of your community, and prepare for life after graduation. This integrated approach helps you:
- Explore your academic, personal, and professional interests with a sense of inquiry and purpose.
- Pursue academic, co-curricular, experiential, and professional development opportunities that build your unique SBS Pathway.
- Engage in ongoing self-reflection as an important part of growth and learning.
- Learn to recognize, communicate, and apply the information and skills you acquire at UMass Amherst.
- Build concrete skills and habits as you transition into college and post-graduation life.
SBS Pathways also helps students find a sense of belonging on campus. One of our newest programs, SBS RISE (Remedying Inequity through Student Engagement), creates a community for first-generation, BIPOC, and low-income students as they navigate their university experience.