Post-Baccalaureate Prerequisites in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Prepare for a clinical graduate degree in speech-language pathology or audiology.
Are you interested in a career in speech-language pathology or audiology but have an undergraduate degree in another field? Complete prerequisite coursework for graduate school with our flexible online or in-person courses offered through UMass University Without Walls.
Our coursework will provide a comprehensive foundation in normal processes of speech, language, and hearing, as well as an introduction to characteristics of disorders in speech, language, and hearing.
Coursework is offered in:
- Anatomy, physiology, and neurology for speech and hearing
- Speech and hearing sciences
- Speech and language development and disorders
- Audiology and aural rehabilitation
- Clinical observations (ASHA-approved 25 guided hours)
- You can take online courses asynchronously within the academic semester or on-campus courses in person with other students and faculty on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Take courses à la carte or in sequence.
- There’s no application, just register for what you need.
- Tuition and fees are the same for online and on-campus programs.
- Use UMass advising resources to plan your next steps.