UMass Amherst Information Technology implemented Global Protect as the new VPN service.
- Most faculty and staff have access to the UMass VPN group and can begin connecting to the VPN immediately.
- If you have materials that may only be accessed by select individuals, please contact IT User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss creating a Restricted VPN Group.
- Other members of the campus community can request VPN access.
- Two-step login is required to log in to the VPN service as of September 2021. More...
- Free desktop client for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux computers as well as Android and iOS mobile devices
- Secure connection to the campus network from off-campus
- Remote access some campus servers