A faculty sponsor is a faculty member who assists students with all aspects of preparation for the Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference (MassURC). In order to present, students must have a faculty sponsor.
Faculty Sponsor’s Responsibilities
- Assist student with the research, writing, abstract submission, and presentation components of the MassURC. NOTE: The MassURC abstract limit is 250 words.
- Communicate with the student about their projects leading up to the submission of their abstract.
- Remind student of the abstract submission deadline.
- Register to create a user account in the MassURC system for abstract review and approval.
- Review initial abstract submission and mark it “Approved” or “Needs Revision.”
- Remind student of the deadline to resubmit their abstract if it was not approved upon initial review.
- Submit the final approval of the student’s abstract. Abstracts marked “Needs Revision” will not be accepted for inclusion at the conference.
- Make sure student is aware that they will receive notification from the MassURC conference coordinator that their abstract has been accepted.
- Support students with preparations for the conference and review the final presentation material in advance.
The Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference (MassURC) brings together undergraduate students from the 28 public colleges and universities.
MassURC presenter resources