UMass Transit operates PVTA buses, Special Transportation vans, Field Trip vehicles, and Meet and Greet sedans. We're committed to providing safe, efficient, and sustainable mobility for over 18,000 riders daily.
- All passengers are REQUIRED to wear a nose & mouth covering. Don't ride if symptomatic or quarantined or if exposed to anyone who tested positive.
- Bus service on most routes has been reduced until further notice due to COVID-19. For details, see the calendar and schedules.
- Read about extra steps taken to maintain safety.
Can't find your bus?
- Bus locations
We are now hiring for Spring and Summer training. You can train during the semester while you're on campus. Or you can come back over the summer and get free housing and food while you learn to drive a bus.
You will train one-on-one with a fellow UMass student! In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we provide PPE and practice social distancing during all training. Our buses are cleaned between shifts and routinely sanitized.
At UMass Transit, your safety comes first. Apply to work in a place where you matter. You can work safely in a place where your individuality is respected, and encouraged. There is room for growth and Transit is a great resume builder. We are a friendly, student-run organization and you can make a difference. Come work in a place that provides essential transportation needs to the campus and community!
Drivers start at $17.00 per hour!
- Pay raises every semester
- Promotional positions with even higher pay and real-world supervisory and management experience
- Excellent resume material
- Flexible work schedules (optimized for students)
- We pay for your Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), train you, and pay you while you're being trained
- It's fun!
- Trainees earn $13.50 per hour and move to $17.00 after completing training.
- Must be a UMass student with at least 6 credits per semester and with 3 or more semesters remaining.
Supervisory, Management, & Technical Experience
We pride ourselves in being a student-run organization! Drivers are eligible for promotion to a variety of student positions:
- Driver Supervision
- Safety and Training
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Field Trip
- Special Transportation
- Planning and Analysis
- Software Development
- Information Technology
Whatever your career interests, you'll gain valuable real-world experience for your resume! Apply today!