We are experiencing a driver shortage and need your help to move UMass!
Are you a UMass student? Do you love driving? APPLY ONLINE to join the team that moves UMass!
Why should you work here?
- Drivers are paid $14.00-$15.75 per hour!
- Lots of promotional opportunities for positions that pay even more
- Pay raise every semester
- Flexible work schedules optimized for students
- We're almost entirely student run
- Excellent resume material! Promotional positions offer supervisory experience!
- We pay for your class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), train you, and pay you while you're training ($12/hour during training)
- You get to drive a 60 foot long, 32 ton, 1.2 million dollar bus with 3 axles, 10 wheels, and 120 passengers!
- It's fun!
Learn a trade while you earn your degree! Gain valuable experience in leadership, working independently and in a team, and leave with marketable experience (and a CDL!) We're a tightly knit workforce, come join the UMass Transit family!
All applicants MUST be currently enrolled as a UMass Amherst student with a minimum of six (6) class credits per semester.
Must be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, including at least one opening, closing, or weekend shift.
UMass Transit is hosting a hiring event for our Spring and Summer 2019 training programs! Come join the team that moves UMass!
Do you love to drive? Do you want to get hired on the spot?
Come to UMass Transit Service's hiring event!
Drop in to the UMass bus garage on Saturday, March 2nd any time between 11 AM and 2 PM.
- Tour our facility and see our vehicles
- Accepting applications for semester and summer training
- Apply and interview on site
- Get a job on the spot!
We'll have information about UMass Transit and we'll be doing on the spot interviews! Come meet our drivers and trainers, get one of the best paying jobs on campus!
Our summer training program includes housing and a meal plan for non-local students! Train during one of our 3 summer training sessions and have a job secured for next fall.
Want to take the bus? Hop on the Route 35 Mullins Center via Southwest and get off at the Lot 25 stop. Cross the intersection and come into the gate towards the garage. Prefer to drive? No problem! Head to 255 Governor's Drive, Amherst, MA 01003 and park in our bus yard.
Must be a UMass student to apply!
APPLY ONLINE or call (413) 545-0056 for more information!