Certificate in Professional Writing and Technical Communication
Preparing students for careers in technical and professional writing, digital communication, and user experience.
The professional writing and technical communication (PWTC) certificate prepares students for careers in technical and professional writing, digital communication, and user experience (UX).
PWTC students gain project-based experience in editing, grant writing, software documentation, report writing, and web design. The program enjoys a well-established network of more than 300 graduates and a high job placement rate. Students can expect to gain:
- Practice in professional writing and editing
- Career preparation built into every course
- Hands-on training in a range of industry-standard software (e.g., Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, MadCap Flare)
- An introduction to information design, usability, and user experience
- The opportunity to create a professional portfolio
Since 1990, the PWTC program has enjoyed an impressive record of job placement, with graduates embarking on careers in user experience, information architecture, content strategy, publishing, and technical writing. Some are employed by nonprofits and government agencies, while others work in health care, software development, and information technology.