UMass Amherst is dedicated to providing as many opportunities for on-campus employment as possible to our graduate students. Students may use the links below to learn more about available positions, and faculty and staff may use this form to have your graduate assistantship posted on this page.
Career Development and Professional Connections Hub Graduate Assistant
Career Development and Professional Connections Hub Graduate Assistant – Spring 2021
Job Description: Works under the supervision of the Director of Student Development in the Career and Professional Connections Hub on a range of projects to meet the goals for student professional development. The graduate assistant develops and delivers online career-related presentations to groups, advises students one-on-one on career topics remotely, and develops innovative state-of-the-art resources.
- Designs and delivers career-related workshops for students, faculty and staff, such as: job searching techniques, cover letter and resume best practices, networking tips and career fair preparation
- Researches best practices for serving Gen Z students career needs and develops customized resources for UMass Amherst students, parents, staff and employers
- Meets individually with undergraduates and graduate students via video, phone or email appointments
- Assists with marketing efforts using various mechanisms
- Participates in outreach events such as Admissions, NSO, Student Success programs, etc.
- Assists with analyzing data from surveys, developing reports and suggesting recommendations based on best practices
- Other tasks as needed
- Comfort and ability to develop and record online presentations (including YouTube, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent presentation and engaging communication skills
- Organizational and research abilities
- Experience editing online productions to produce succinct, informative workshops
- Interest in helping students from culturally diverse backgrounds to succeed in developing their future careers
- Computer literacy (Publisher, Word, Excel, Google Docs, video editing and agility with uploading and sharing on YouTube and other social media platforms)
- Accuracy with detailed information
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Handshake or Symplicity CSM knowledge is desired
Hours/Week 20 hours/week Stipend $ GEO Contract
(Standard schedule, some evenings and weekends required)
Please send a resume, cover letter and a 5-minute video on career advice you would give a student.
Contact Person: Candice Serafino E-mail: email@example.com
Address: 511 Goodell Building Phone: 545-2224
Residence Education & Residential Learning Communities
Each year the Residential Life department seeks qualified applicants for several graduate assistant opportunities. During the fall semester, we accept applicants for unexpected vacancies which may occur during the current academic year. During the spring semester, we accept applicants for vacancies and potential vacancies for the following academic year. If there are no confirmed vacancies, we will still collect applications in the event any occur.
Please visit the Residence Education Graduate Assistant Positions page for information on how to apply.