Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate (Online)
Learn more about food, farming, agriculture, homesteading, and gardening.
The fully online sustainable food and farming certificate program at UMass Amherst is a perfect way for you to explore your personal or professional interest in food, farming, agriculture, homesteading, and/or gardening.
This certificate might be right for you if you are:
- Seeking to change your career to join the sustainable food and farming field.
- A veteran returning to school for higher education.
- A high school graduate not yet ready to attend college full time.
- A current high school senior who wants a head start toward a Stockbridge associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- A woman managing a small farm — the fastest growing farm demographic in New England.
- A lifelong learner pursuing your personal passions in the field.
You’ll choose five courses from the Stockbridge School of Agriculture to suit your interests and goals, from soil science and management to elements of botany or organic vegetable production.
The certificate can be added to any UMass degree, and all credits earned can be applied either to the AS in sustainable food and farming (offered in person or online) or the BS in sustainable food and farming.