Research Presentation Program
Faculty members in HFA present the results of their research, creative, and scholarly efforts nationally and internationally at conferences, educational institutions, professional meetings, and cultural venues. To encourage and support this activity HFA offers the Research Presentation Program.
Applications will be accepted from all full-time HFA faculty members. This program does not support general conference attendance. Eligible faculty members may submit multiple requests up to the total amounts outlined below.
Application due date: Applications will be accepted throughout the current academic year, September 1st through March 1st. All applications for spring and summer presentations must be received by March 1st. Post-event applications will not be considered.
$250 - per registration for online events
$1,250 - total for domestic destinations (48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico)
$1,250 - total Canada or Mexico destinations
$1,500 - total for international destinations (other than Canada and Mexico)
Complete the online application, which should be submitted well in advance of the presentation date and must be received prior to the event. All applications for spring and summer presentations to take place in the current calendar year must be received by March 1st.
When applying, please provide the following information:
- A single-page abstract of the research you will present or the paper you will give. If you will read from, perform, or exhibit your creative work, your abstract should identify and describe the material being featured and explain why it was chosen.
- A link to the event program or schedule where your name appears, a PDF of the program, or an email from the event organizer confirming the nature of your participation in the event.
- A project budget naming the anticipated expenses, the cost of each, the sources of funding, and the amount anticipated from each funding source. The budget may include, where applicable, the event registration fee, transportation, accommodations, meals/per diem, and other allowable expenses.
- Amount of confirmed or anticipated funding from other sources
- The current balance of your retention account and, if the funds are earmarked for other activities, your plan for using the funds.
For more information
Please refer to the Quick Reference Guide to HFA Faculty Awards and Grants.
Contact afleig [at] umass [dot] edu (Amy Fleig)