Transition to Slate
In summer 2023, the Graduate School launched Slate, a leader in admissions management in higher education, as the new graduate admissions system.
Graduate Faculty and Staff log in: https://applygrad.umass.edu/manage
If your access has been configured in Slate and you are prompted for credentials, use your NetID and current password. We are developing methods to manage Slate access request as of September 15, 2023.
- September 12, 2023 Slate Training for Department GPDs and Program Administrators
- Recording of Zoom session (1:26:04) Note: you must be logged in to Google Workspace to access the video. Once the video window appears, allow a little time for it to load fully before attempting to play. Load time depends on speed of your Internet connection.
- Saved Chat transcript, shared per attendees' request. Includes some questions and answers that were not part of the video.
Features & Benefits
- Streamlined applicant experience. Applicants can upload writing sample(s), portfolios, and other supplemental materials into Slate as part of their application. Status check page shows program-level application requirements as a checklist, with items clearly labeled as received or not received.
- Automated email reminders about outstanding documents and requirements are sent to applicants directly from Slate.
- Efficient & integrated application reviews. Faculty can rate, comment, and recommend decisions directly in Slate. Reviewers can easily share applications with colleagues. GPDs and program staff see faculty feedback and enter a decision in a single location.
- Customizable. Program-specific features and functions can be added to the application portal in the future.
- Resilient & reliable. Hosted in the cloud, Slate has fewer unplanned service interruptions than other platforms.
- May 8, 2023 - Dean Urla announces Slate transition to GPDs and program administrators
Feedback & Engagement
- Engagement & feedback opportunities to be announced