The UMass Amherst Graduate School is deeply committed to promoting access and inclusion in graduate education for all students, especially those from backgrounds historically underrepresented in higher education. We invite you to learn more about our commitment to diversity and the ways we can support you as you consider graduate school.
Graduate Recruitment Events
Representatives from UMass Amherst regularly attend recruitments events throughout the academic year. We would like to meet with you at one of these events!
- The Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM) Annual conference
- Florida A&M University Annual Graduate Feeder Scholars Conference
- National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineering (NOBCCHE) Annual Conference
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Annual Conference
- Inclusive Astronomy 2 Conference
- The Conference for Undergraduate Women in Astronomy
- Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics
If you are a university or corporate representative interested in having the UMass Amherst Graduate School participate in your graduate recruitment event, oie [at] umass [dot] edu (please contact the Office of Inclusion & Engagement).
Application Fee Waivers
The Graduate School is pleased to offer application fee waivers to eligible domestic students from underrepresented groups who are participants of the programs listed below. To request an application fee waiver, please contact the oie [at] grad [dot] umass [dot] edu (Office of Inclusion & Engagement) before submitting your application.
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Florida A&M University Graduate Feeder Scholars Program
- The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM)
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- McNair Scholars
- National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCCHE) Annual Conference
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Annual Conference
- Tuskegee Graduate Fair
- Students eligible for the GRE fee waiver
Individual requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis.