Performance Management: It's more than filling out an annual performance review. Performance management is a system that promotes ongoing communication between a supervisor and employee regarding the planning and achieving of workplace priorities as well as the identification of successes and of any areas for performance improvement. Good performance management uses a collaborative, coaching and developmental approach.
- View an overview of performance management.
- Read how to develop achievable goals through writing SMART goals.
- Review and download specific performance management documents for UMass Amherst employees.
- Check out Performance Management at UMass Amherst
- Learn more at UMass: For guidance on setting goals and managing performance, contact WLD.