HFA Mid-Career Post-Tenure Fellowship
The HFA Mid-Career Post-Tenure Fellowship (aka the HFA Mid-Career Research Award) was developed to help faculty members progress toward their promotion to Full Professor. Award recipients will be provided with one semester's release from teaching responsibilities, department obligations, and college service. The award may be scheduled in conjunction with an approved sabbatical leave, thereby yielding a full year's leave.
- Faculty members must have held the rank of Associate Professor at UMass Amherst for a minimum of five years at the time of application.
- Applicants should be working on a scholarly or creative project likely to contribute to their promotion to Full Professor within three years.
- Applicants are required to have the support of their department.
- Preference will be given to faculty members whose non-teaching responsibilities have exceeded the norm.
- To apply for the HFA Mid-Career Post-Tenure Award, faculty need only apply to the Office of Faculty Development's Mid-Career Post-Tenure Fellowship (MCPT). After the Provost selects 5 MCPT awardees, all other applications submitted by HFA faculty will be forwarded to the College for consideration for the HFA award.
- OFD's deadline to apply for the MCPT and the deadline for the department chair to submit an endorsement can be found in the HFA Quick Reference Guide to HFA Faculty Awards and Grants (see link below).
For more information
Contact afleig [at] umass [dot] edu (Amy Fleig).