Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology
UMass Amherst’s MA in speech-language pathology program prepares you to make a profound difference in the critical fields of speech, language, and swallowing. You’ll earn the clinical requirements to obtain the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and be eligible to apply to the Massachusetts Board of Professional Licensure and the Massachusetts Board of Education for a Teacher Specialist License in Speech Language and Hearing.
- 15 courses in the advanced study of speech, language, and swallowing disorders
- 400 hours of supervised clinical experience in the Center for Language, Speech, and Hearing and at least two additional off-campus programs (e.g., hospitals, schools, clinics, and early intervention programs)
- Complete the program in two academic years/four semesters
- The option to complete a multiculturalism in communication disorders graduate certificate
- The program is offered in person with no online option