Welcome to a new academic year! We look forward to navigating this unprecedented year with you, coming together as a community, and supporting you along the way.
If your courses are fully remote this semester, you can access them in one of the university’s learning management systems (Moodle or Blackboard) on the first day the courses are scheduled to meet, unless your professors have indicated otherwise.
Here are some steps you can take to ensure you can access your fall 2020 classes starting next week:
- Check your UMass Amherst email for recent communications from your instructors.
- Log in to SPIRE and check your Class Schedule to confirm the instructor’s name, course meeting times, and whether the class is fully remote. Click the LMS icon, if available, to go to the correct learning management system (Moodle or Blackboard).
- Use People Finder to find out instructors’ email addresses in case you need to contact them directly.
- Bookmark the Learning Management Systems page for easy access to both Moodle and Blackboard login pages.
Access Your Moodle Courses
- Go to moodle.umass.edu.
- In the Login block, click Log in with NetID, then enter your NetID and password. (The login button is at the top-right corner of a large screen, but on your phone, you may have to scroll down to find it.)
- Once you log in, select the Navigation tray toggle (hamburger menu, top left). The Navigation tray will open.
- From the Navigation tray, select My courses to find links to your current courses.
- If you log in and do not see your courses in this block:
The course may not yet be open to students. Be sure to check again after the first day of class, or ask your instructor.
Your course may use an alternative approach to deliver content. If you are still having problems, contact the IT Help Center and notify your instructor.
For more information on navigating Moodle, see:
Access Your Blackboard Courses
- Go to uma.umassonline.net/webapps/login/.
- In the Login to Blackboard Learn block, click Log in with NetID, then enter your NetID and password.
- Once you log in, the My UMass Amherst screen opens. Find the courses in which you are enrolled in the top left area, under My Courses.
For a detailed description of of the My UMass Amherst screen, see: confluence.umassonline.net/display/UASO/My+UMass+Amherst
- For more information on navigating Blackboard Learn: confluence.umassonline.net/display/UASO/Blackboard+Learn