Tuition and Fees
Get access to the University of Massachusetts Amherst and what it has to offer, while keeping costs down as you pursue your degree. Investing in your education is a significant financial decision. We can make investing in tomorrow a little easier today.
NOTE: For specific tuition and fees information related to Interdisciplinary Studies, please refer to their Paying for College page.
All fees are subject to change.
This fee is for both new students and those that are being readmitted.
Early Application: $60.00
Regular Application: $85.00
Please check the Application Deadlines for your specific program for due dates.
NOTE: The early application fee does not apply to the Accelerated Bachelor in Nursing program.
Class fees for University + session classes are charged per credit. Cost per credit vary based on course and program. Exact cost per credit and course fees can be found in the Restrictions/Notes section on the class in SPIRE.
- Credit class: $75/term; non-refundable
- Non-Credit class: $50/term; non-refundable
- Undergraduate Independent Study, Practicum or Capstone: $255/credit (Summer and Winter semesters only)
- Graduate Independent Study or Practicum: $290/credit (Summer and Winter semesters only)
- Summer Thesis/Dissertation: $255/credit
- Undergraduate-level students (including non-degree) cost per credit: $525/credit, plus University+ Campus Fee $256/credit (total $781/credit)
- Graduate-level students (including non-degree) cost per credit: see Bursar's website for rates
One-time, non-refundable $507 fee when student matriculates into a graduate program
One-time, non-refundable $135 fee applies to all undergraduate students. This fee covers transcripts for life and the graduation fee.
There will be a $50 fee for CEUs earned in applicable classes.
There will be a $30 fee charged for each payment that is made online and is returned for any reason.
There will be a $25 charge for each check that is returned for any reason.
Payments made after the due date may be subject to a $100 late fee.
We reserve the right to charge an $85 late fee for classes added after the end of the add/drop period.