Online Master of Science Nursing Education Concentration
Learn to educate nursing students and provide direct care education to patients.
The Master of Science Nursing Education concentration prepares registered nurses to develop and deliver curriculum to nursing students and to provide direct care patient education in healthcare settings.
The program features a blend of courses focused on nursing and education, as well as two in-person practicums that provide real-world experience:
- a direct care practicum providing advanced-level nursing care to clients in a clinical practice setting
- a teaching practicum working with a faculty preceptor in a classroom, clinical environment, skills laboratory, or health education department in a patient care setting
By completing this program, you will advance your career options by:
- preparing to become a leader in nursing education who can design and implement educational programs in academia and practice
- developing the MS competencies specified by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- preparing for Nursing Education certification as a Certified Nurse Educator through the National League for Nursing
For more information, contact kayotte [at] nursing [dot] umass [dot] edu (Karen Ayotte).