Skip to main content

The International Programs Office can help you arrange a semester or a year abroad.

As you plan, remember that some countries do not offer a formal journalism program in their universities. While many Australian, British and Canadian universities do provide formal journalism education, other locations may require you to work with the International Programs Office to identify courses that can be clearly related to your journalism education. You will need to get prior approval for any courses taken abroad that you wish to apply toward your journalism major.

If your chosen country does not offer journalism education, you can still spend the semester working on your required minor. The Journalism major offers enough flexibility to allow a semester abroad without jeopardizing your graduation date, and we will work with you to make that happen.

You will want to make an appointment with your advisor to plan your study abroad experience and gain course approval.