Email: gabelard [at] umass [dot] edu
Phone: (413) 545-9755
651 N Pleasant St
Amherst, MA 01003
Room 104. Office hours by appointment.
- Dr. Gabrielle P Abelard is a National Academy of Practice Fellow, the CEO of Abelard Psychotherapy Inc., a multi- site community mental health clinic which serves diverse clients throughout Massachusetts, providing comprehensive behavioral health services in the home and outpatient setting.
- She is a Clinical Associate Professor, the Director of Master's Programs, Certificates, and Psychiatric Mental Health Specialty Director.
- Abelard is the President of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) New England Chapter.
- She is the first Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee of the Massachusetts Association of Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses Association (MAAPPN).
- Dr. Abelard's efforts have been acknowledged with several prestigious awards: ADVANCE Mentor, UMASS Amherst 2023, National Black Nurses Association, Nurse Entrepreneur of the Year (2022), Massachusetts Nurses Association, Manning Mentoring Award 2022; STRIDE and ADVANCE Faculty Fellow Awards, UMASS Amherst 2021; APNA New England, Nancy Valentine Excellence in Leadership Award 2020; and Young Haitian Professional of the Year 2019, US Haitian Chamber of Commerce.
- Dr. Gabrielle Abelard is a dedicated mentor, published author, mental health clinician, and educator with over 20 years of experience in mental health nursing, who is committed to building resilience and improving health care outcomes both within and beyond nursing.