Click here for the Financial Aid Services home pageSchool Code
'Dollars from Cents' © Mark Aplet. Image from
Financial Aid Basics
Types of Aid
Applying for Aid
Receiving Aid
Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Aid
Summer Financial Aid
Forms and Publications
Students can find jobs here!
Helpful Links and Resources
Contact information and staff listing

Questions? We're here to help.

Undergraduate Aid
(413) 545-0801
Graduate Aid
(413) 545-0801

Withdrawing from the University

You need to notify the campus that you are no longer attending classes by completing a Withdrawal Form. You may obtain a Withdrawal Form from your academic dean or from the Dean of Students Office. Visit the Bursar's Office website for information regarding the impact of withdrawing on your student charges. If you live in a residence hall, you must contact your residence director to properly check out of your room to avoid additional charges.

Federal regulations require Financial Aid Services to apply a formula established by the U.S. Department of Education to determine the amount of federal financial aid a student has earned as of the date in the student last attended classes. The amount of federal financial aid returned to federal aid programs is determined by the amount of time the student spent in academic attendance, but has no relationship to the institutional charges incurred by the student. After 60% of the semester has passed, the student has earned 100% of the federal financial aid awarded to them. For students receiving state financial aid, a state refund calculation will be completed. The state refund calculation takes into consideration the amount the student owes and the amount of federal aid the student may remain eligible for.

Unofficial Withdrawal from the University

Unofficial withdrawal from the university occurs when you register for courses for a term and either never attend any classes or you stop attending all courses at some point during the semester without completing and submitted the withdrawal form. If you are receiving federal financial aid, the university is required to adjust the aid in the same manner as an official withdrawal.